- Cleaning out gutters:
- First things first, when cleaning out your gutters, be sure to wear a long sleeve shirt and gloves. Carefully stand up on an extendable ladder to reach the roof. Use a small shovel to scoop out any debris from the gutter. Place a tarp on your lawn to make for an easier clean up. Once you have cleared out all of the gunk from the gutter, use a garden hose to spray out any remaining muck.
- Getting landscape ready for spring:
- With spring around the corner, it is important to get your lawn ready to start growing again. Start with cleaning up the yard by raking up dead leaves and twigs that may have gathered over winter. Next, apply fertilizer and weed killer in problem areas. Once this is done, start mowing every 5 days to promote a thicker, fuller lawn.Read More »March Monthly Maintenance Checklist
CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR A PRINTABLE VERSION
- Deep cleaning appliances:
- Stove top: Sprinkle baking soda on your glass/ceramic cook top. Soak a cloth in hot soapy water & place it on top of the problem areas. Let it soak in for at least 10 minutes. After the ten minutes, wipe away with a non-abrasive sponge. – (these are my personal faves) This method will remove touch burnt on pan grease from your cooktop!
- Refrigerator: Remove all items from your fridge. Yes, all of them. Throw out anything that is expired and consolidate any duplicates. Take a soapy sponge or cloth & wipe down each shelf & drawer. If the drawers need some extra love, take them out & scrub them down in the sink. Once everything is cleaned out, put the items back in the fridge. If you’re really feelin’ fancy, try out these handy fridge organizers.
- Freezer: Repeat the steps above & voila!Read More »February Monthly Maintenance Checklist