Happy September everyone! Here is a checklist for you to keep that home in tip-top shape.
1. Flush Water Heater
- Flush your water heater. This removes sediment from the bottom of your tank, and makes sure the tank lasts longer and heats up your water easier.
2. Change Anode Rod
- The anode rod is what makes sure the inside of your water heater doesn’t rust. Check to see if it needs to be replaced, and you should make sure you replace it using the recommended size and type.
3. Test T&P Valve
- Test your water heater’s temperature ad pressure relief valve. If this valve fails and the pressure is too great in your tank, it could explode, harming you and your home.
4. Inspect Heat Exchangers
- Get your furnace inspected to make sure your heat exchangers don’t have cracks. You can call a professional to inspect it for you, or do it yourself if you have the right tools.
5. COMPLETE FALL MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST