1. Remove Exterior Hoses + Drain
- Remove and drain exterior hoses and drain pipes to ensure your pipes wont freeze and burst with freezing temperatures.
2. Winterize Your AC or Swap Coolers
- Winterize your air conditioner or swap cooler to make sure it’s ready to open up next summer without any hiccups. Clean, drain, and power off the unit.
3. Get a Furnace Tune-up
- Call a professional to get your furnace ready to go for the winter. A tune-up will include things like calibrating the thermostat, cleaning burners, replacing filters, tightening and cleaning electrical connections, and testing the pilot system.
4. Vacuum and Clean Furnace
- Before you turn the heater on, make sure to clean the unit inside of your home with a clean cloth to get rid of dust and dirt. Then open the unit (always turn it off first) and vacuum the inside.