CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR A PRINTABLE VERSION
Summer officially begins on June 20th this year. Beat the heat and get a jump-start on prepping your home and lawn for the summer months!
- Prevent mold growth:
- Especially in high-humidity areas, it is important to keep your thermostat at a low temperature. Also – try to avoid leaving your AC in the ‘on’ position. This can quickly cause mold growth because any moisture that’s in your evaporator coils does not have a chance to drain off, which can be blown back into the home.
- Remove pests:
- Trim any bushes or limbs that are touching your home’s exterior.
- Keep bird feeders at least 25 feet away from the house. Seeds can attract rodents.
- Maintain Fridge & Freezer:
- To keep your fridge & freezer healthy during the hot summer months, clean condenser coils. Be sure to remove any hair, dust or dirt.
- Prep your lawn equipment:
- Clear any grass, dirt or debris from your lawn mower. Check the oil and gas in your lawn mower and weed-eater.
- Clean washer & dryer:
- Dryer: Remove any loose lint from inside and on the back of the dryer. Vacuum out the vent from the outside.
- Washer: remove the filter from the unit and soak it in hot water, loosening any clog or trapped residue. If the filter cannot be removed, clean it out with brush. (Some filters are disposable, so instead of cleaning them you can just throw them away and put a new one in place.)