July is here which means another monthly home maintenance checklist for you! Keep that home of yours nice and well maintained to help avoid any incidents from occurring by checking everything off the list below.
1. Maintain Your Garage Door
- Check to make sure that your garage door is properly balanced and the coils are lubricated. Replace the batteries in your garage door opener.
2. Clean Deck
- Clean and repair your deck as needed during this time. Leaving a deck uncleaned can serve as an invitation for pests and bugs to begin living in its wood.
3. Check Duct-work for Leaks
- Assuming your air conditioner is up and running, go to the duct work so you can visually inspect to see if there are any leaks. Run your hand along the joints of the duct-work to feel if any air is escaping.
4. Fix Clogged Sinks
- Have a clogged sink? Make sure that your plumbing is taken care of by de-clogging sinks with this DIY article.
5. Ready Your home for Vacation
- July is the month of summer trips and vacations. Make sure your home is ready for vacation by prepping it before you go by using these tips.