Another month is here and that means another monthly home maintenance checklist. Read below to see how to keep your home in tip-top shape this summer.
1. Clean Ceiling Fans
- If the temperatures are warm, you’ll no doubt be using your ceiling fans. Make sure to clean them using a duster or wet cloth. You can use your manufacturer’s owners’ manual to ensure that you’re maintaining your ceiling fans properly
2. Repair Toilets
- It’s a good time to take a look at your eater levels in your toilet and check to see if your float is in the right position for a strong flush, as well as the state of the flapper in your toilet. Replace any parts that are falling into disrepair.
3. Maintain Water Softener
- You should be checking the water and salt levels consistently in your eater softener. Check the tank ti see if there are any salt bridges you should break up, nor if you need to replace the salt and t drain your tank.
4. Clean Garbage Disposal
- Garbage disposals can start to smell because of a build-up of food on the sides of the unit. Clean it out and make it smell fresh by grinding ice, lemon, baking soda, and vinegar. Click here to read more!
5. Increase Home Value
- Check out these other DIY tips to increase your home value this summer.