CLICK ON THE IMAGE FOR A PRINTABLE VERSION
- Cleaning out gutters:
- First things first, when cleaning out your gutters, be sure to wear a long sleeve shirt and gloves. Carefully stand up on an extendable ladder to reach the roof. Use a small shovel to scoop out any debris from the gutter. Place a tarp on your lawn to make for an easier clean up. Once you have cleared out all of the gunk from the gutter, use a garden hose to spray out any remaining muck.
- Getting landscape ready for spring:
- With spring around the corner, it is important to get your lawn ready to start growing again. Start with cleaning up the yard by raking up dead leaves and twigs that may have gathered over winter. Next, apply fertilizer and weed killer in problem areas. Once this is done, start mowing every 5 days to promote a thicker, fuller lawn.
- Check windows & screens:
- Go around the outside of your house and ensure that all of the window screens are securely locked in. Often times corners and edges can slip out of the frame over time.
- Dust & touch up baseboards:
- Baseboards can often get caked with dust and grease. Take a wet cloth and run it around the baseboards in each room. You will be amazed at the difference it makes.
- Wipe fan blades:
- Start by wiping the tops of the fan blades with a damp cloth or paper towel. This will probably be messy so be sure to have the vacuum near by.
Tags: deep clean
, home improvement
, home maintenance
, spring cleaning