April showers 🌦 bring May flowers 🌷
We encourage you to #stayhomestaybusy with these home maintenance tips.
Take advantage of the time you have to spruce up your home and get it ready for summer ☀️
- Check safety devices: it is crucial to you and your family’s safety that all of your home devices are working properly. The following devices should be inspected once a month:
- Breaker Panel
- Any exposed wiring
- Security systems
- Smoke detectors
- Fire exits
- Wash windows & screens:
- Remove screens from all exterior windows. Lay them in the lawn and spray them with a hose. Once wet, scrub them with a sponge or brush to remove any dirt and grime. Do a final rinse and let them air dry on the lawn.
- Clean garbage & recycling bins:
- Drizzle some dish soap into the bins. Use a sprayer attached to a hose and spray the entire bin. Dump out the dirty water and rinse out anything left inside.
- Test hoses & sprinklers:
- Check hose valves and attachments to ensure they are functioning properly. Test your sprinkler system by doing a test run.
- Weed out garden beds:
- Keep your gardens fresh by eliminating any pesky weeds that may have grown up in the last few months. Simply pull them out with your hands or take an edger to the big ones.
Tags: clean, cleaning tips, coronavirus, covid-19, decontamination, deep clean, deep cleaning, disinfect, home improvement, home maintenance, outbreak, preventive, protective, restoration, spring cleaning, spring cleaning tips, stay home, Water Damage, wilmington